Sunday 14 July 2013

For you




More often that not a simple and unexpected gift is the best, especially if given by someone you deeply care about. 
When alone, at home, my brother showed up and handed me a white daisy.
I decided not to question where he got it from, or why he was giving it to me, but to simply enjoy his thoughtfulness. 
I felt happy for the rest of the day, not worrying about the future or the past, but treasuring the present moment, the only one that belongs entirely to me.

1 comment:

  1. We really need to make sure that those we love know it. Look how a simple thing reminds us, and sometimes we need reminding that they really do love us despite the hurly burly of daily life which can obscure it. Moreover, stepping outside daily events has the effect of intensifying the symbolic resonance of the act. He could have said "I love you sis", but we are always speaking to each other. How often are we giving little gifts to each other?

    ReplyDelete