Tuesday 4 August 2015

Raindrop

I was enjoying being in my mother’s warm embrace, but she was feeling heavy and wanted me and my brothers and sisters to leave the nest. I didn’t know what to think… the prospect of dropping out and never being able to come back to that exact spot worried me. It all seemed so final, as if letting go was my sole aim in life.
My siblings were braver than I was and I suddenly found myself alone. I didn’t know what to do, but a sudden gust of wind provided me with the confidence I needed – either that or it gave me a more than subtle push… And that was that. I was airborne. I felt light and carefree. I could see for miles below me.
Yet I could feel the ground nearing at a fast pace, but I was still in denial, just enjoying the view. I could see the busy streets of London becoming more delineated as I came pouring down. Yet another sudden gust of wind hit me, and changed my course completely. My peaceful descent was suddenly dampened.
I started to worry. What exactly was going to happen when I reached the ground? Would I be reunited with my brothers and sisters? I could still see some of them a few meters below me… I tried closing my eyes and opening them again, in an attempt to wake up someplace else. I did not want the end to be so near, and yet, the ground was just below me. Just like that – SPLAT – I joined my family and formed a puddle.

Special thanks to Alex Kozak for the dream inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment